Sunday, November 13, 2011

Swap one - finished!

I finished up my fabric for the hand printed fabric swap (organized by Leslie at Mase & Vale).  I've never actually printed fabric before so this was a bit different for me.  I went with the carve a stamp, dip in fabric paint and stamp on fabric route and it came out pretty well.  At least I think it did.  Here's hoping my swap partners feel the same!

To start, I had to carve some stamps:


Then I had to print the fabric:




Then I had to let it all dry:


As you can see, I did two bird designs.  One I just free-handed and the other is based on an old-school swallow tattoo.  I actually used a vibrant red to print some of the fat quarters as well but didn't get a picture of that.  

Tomorrow these will be 'winging' (couldn't resist) their way to four separate swap partners.  I hope they like what I've done and I hope they each find some good use for the fabric.  Needless to say, I can't wait to see what I'll be receiving!

For my next trick:

I'm also part of an ornament swap, so I've got to get working on that.  I've still got about 2 weeks to figure out what I'm going to do, make it and send it off.  I'm having issues deciding on a medium.  Any suggestions?

P.S.  Five more days til Desert Bus!




2 comments:

jpknits said...

Your work is beautiful! Thank you so much for your care - and for the extra treat of the coordinated piece.

I have much to learn.

Kat McNally said...

Hi there, what stunning stamp designs!
Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
Kat xxx